Sunday 7 October 2007

Still Italy

So many memories from that period of my life spent in Venice are hard to keep away. It was a great time with lots of folks around. Just the way I like it. I am a social animal by nature and it can be very hard to not have someone to talk to around. Again, that is the case. New place, new people - who are nice, but seem to have an issue with sharing a meal or just a walk. A whole day can go by without me having the chance to communicate with someone. And that is odd, unhealthy, but is also a circumstance of life right now. When loneliness strikes a little more, I grab a book, watch a movie, walk around, shoot some photos, or simply right down my thoughts. From my album of (many) photos I found this one of Rialto's fast food restaurant. Not in Italy, but makes Venice feel closer. Makes people feel closer. The thought of it makes me company.
I decide to seek some comfort in my new Italian-like mug. A smiley, nice painted face :) And guess what I use it for? Drinking, yeah, of course. But what? My favourite hot-drink: Cappuccino! The sense of the cappuccino brings back the people and suddenly I feel lonely no more. Ah, bella Italia!

No comments: